Day 3 – Be colourfulMay 27, 2014
Did you complete yesterdays tasks? It’s easy to skim read, but much better to be active.
Since Thursday I’ve stayed focused on my low carb diet – and my main meal has over half a page of roasted mediteranean vegetables – onions, courgettes, aubergine, peppers, mushrooms. It’s a brilliant way to get lots of colour into your diet.
Have a think of the meals you eat
do you have enough vegetables, and are you getting plenty of colour?
If my husband had his way he would just eat garden peas – yes it’s a green veggie, and green veggies are good for you, but there is always a need for variety.
I’d also like you to think about how much fish you eat – the rich oily fish like mackeral, smoked mackeral, sardines and salmon are full of good fats – Omega 3.
This first week is about making sure you are making good choices.
Can you say yes to the following?
- I’m committed to this and have written down my commitment goals
- I’m logging everything I eat and making a note of why I’m eating – we know it’s not just down to hunger
- I’m avoiding diet drinks and white bread
- I’m eating plenty of vegetables and a couple of pieces of fruit a day – berries, pears and apples are good choices. Some other fruit is full of sugar.
- I’m drinking more water and logging this too!
- I’ve made a note on all the reasons I want to lose weight.
I’m going to assume you are saying yes to everything unless I hear otherwise from you.
Here’s to our good health
This entry was posted in 6 weeks to a fantastic you. Bookmark the permalink.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.